2015 Two Oceans – ASWD Stats
Here are a few interesting numbers to look at. These were taken off the provisional results and at the outset our apologies if all the info is not 100% correct. Names and numbers certainly will not be wilfully omitted. So just ENJOY.
1) Our fastest male and silver medallist on the 56 is the Outeniqua Harriers athlete Keith Clarke, in a time of 3h54m. Congratulations.
2) The fastest lady on the 56 is the Nedbank Running Club athlete, Anel van Wyk, on her debut in a time of 4h34m. Congratulations.
3) Keith and Anel are training buddies in Oudtshoorn – did 800km in preparation – Keith ran with an ankle injury! They both finished in the top 100 male and female participants on the day.
4) Silver medal on the 56 for going under 4 hours also went to Melikhaya Msizi of Knysna Marathon Club for his 3h57m run. Well done Mielie.
5) Sainsbury Medals for going under 5 hours on the 56 went to
Mario Meyer and Phillippus du Toit of Hartenbos Drawwers
Lisl Grobler, Wendell McCallum, Marlon Mortlock, Alfred Nise and Bruce Olden of Knysna Marathon Club
Selwyn Losper of Mossel Bay Harriers
Cobus Boshoff, Annatjie Botes, Anton Chevalier, Helga Matthee, Eddie Mouton and Anel van Wyk of Nedbank
Rob de Reuck of New Balance Multisport Club Eden
George Batchelor, Nancy Cloete, Heinie de Jager, Rodney Halom, Bertie Janse van Rensburg, Stevie Joubert,
Suzaan Kruger, Jacques Mouton, Andre van Gend and Richard van Wyk all from Outeniqua Harriers
Georgie Minopetros of Plett Athletics Club
Mogale Matshitelo of the SANDF Club in Oudtshoorn
Nkosinathi Dimaza, Joey Klaasen and Whayn Windwaai of Sedgefield Striders
6) Permanent Numbers (10)and Double Permanents (20) went to
Zithulele Nqayi (10) Knysna Marathon Club
Johan de Villiers (10) Langeberg Athletics Club
Johanna Claassen (20) en Danie Raubenheimer (20) Nedbank Running Club
Heinie de Jager (10), Francois Grobbelaar (10), Laura Klinck (10), Dirk Kotze (20), Scott Rickard (10) en
Hermanus Stoffberg (20) Outeniqua Harriers
7) Dan ‘n ware YSTERMAN poging was Johan du Preez van Outeniqua Harriers. Hy het Sondag 28 Maart sy volle Ysterman in Port Elizabeth voltooi en sommer 6 dae later die Oceans 56 kafgedraf!! Well Done Duppie.
8) Daar is ook nou ‘n paar ysters soos Dawie Zwiegelaar, Selwyn Losper en Jakob Karelse wat nou sterk nader kruip aan hul 30e Two Oceans in die volgende jaar of twee.
9) Individual Club representation on the day was
Beaufortwes Drawwers – 05 Half, 10 Ultra Total 15
Hartenbos Drawwers – 37 Half, 33 Ultra Total 70
Knysna Marathon Club – 19 Half, 27 Ultra Total 46
Langeberg – 05 Half, 03 Ultra Total 8
Mossel Bay Harriers – 00 Half, 03 Ultra Total 3
Nedbank Running Club – 43 Half, 35 Ultra Total 78
New Balance MC Eden – 05 Half, 10 Ultra Total 15
Oudtshoorn AAC – 03 Half, 06 Ultra Total 9
Outeniqua Harriers – 20 Half, 47 Ultra Total 67
PetroSA Running Club – 02 Half, 03 Ultra Total 5
Plett Athletic Club – 00 Half, 04 Ultra Total 4
Rainbow Athletic Club – 00 Half, 04 Ultra Total 4
SANDF – 00 Half, 02 Ultra Total 2
Sedgefield Striders – 09 Half, 06 Ultra Total 15
TOTALS 146 Half, 186 Ultra Total 332!!!
ASWD would like to congratulate all on a sterling performance. Clubs can pride themselves on their members. Numerous achievements (to many to mention) were also achieved on the half. WELL DONE to all and sundry. WE SALUTE YOU.
Photograph: Keith Clark [Facebook]
(Athletics SWD Road Running Commission Chairperson)