- All participants must collect their chips at the Military Base Oudtshoorn Sport Ground on Friday, 23 February 2024 between 15:00 and 22:00 or on Saturday 24 February 2024 at the different starting points between 04:45 and 05:50.
- 4km Run/Walk run Friday, 23 February 2024 at 18:00, from Military Base Oudtshoorn Sport Ground. LOts of lucky draws!!
- Transport for the Marathon to the Cango Caves at 04:00 sharp and Half Marathon to Ou Tol at 05:00 sharp, will leave from Infantry School Parade ground.
- 21.1km Run & Walk Ou Tol @ 06:00
- 42.2 km Cango Caves @ 06:00
Finish : Military Base Oudtshoorn sport ground
Prize giving : at 12:30 Military Base, Oudtshoorn Sport Ground. Athletes are responsible to collect their own prize money or make a written arrangement with the Event Organizer. Failing which prize money is forfeited. (ASA Rule 2.10)
ASWD Licensed athlete take note : Forget your IPICO chip – you will have to pay R20 to loan one for the race. Lost your chip – you will have to pay R75 for a replacement chip.
Number Collection will take place on Friday 23rd February 2024 from 14:00 – 22:00 at the Military Base Sport ground, as well as on the morning of the event from 03:30 – 05:00. No collections will take place at the start venues
Race Timing: An IPICO timing chip will be made available , on a loan basis, to all participants apatr from ASWD Licenced athletes who are to use their current personalised chips. The chip is to worn on your shoe for the duration of the event. The loan chips are to be handed back at the end of the race in exchange for a medal. Participants will be held responsible for lost or damaged chips or those not handed back as required. It remains your responsibility to return the chip to the race organiser even in the Event of not completing the race.
Race venue & beer garden: Beer tent and food stalls available on sport field
Accoomodation : No accommodation at military base.
Oudtshoorn tourism Tel : 0442792532
Enquiries: Joan Monakedi 0737321740 (office hours)
The Race Organiser : Richard Hughes 0825634573 (office hours) firstname.lastname@example.org