- Race Date 09 July 2022. Compulsory Registration on 08 July 2022 between 10:00 and 22:00
- This is a pre-entry race only- no entries will be sold at registration or on race day. No postal entries.
- To enter you will be required to create a profile at www.knysnamarathonclubportal.co.za by providing your email and a password.
- Online is the only way to enter for this race
- Online entries available at www.knysnamarathonclub.com
- Loyalty Entries – As part of our Loyalty program, 2019/2020/2021 Entrants will have first choice to enter the 2022 Event. Entries will open on 01 February until 14 February 2022. Your ID number will be compared to our list to be able to make an entry
- General Online entries open 15 February and will close when the limit has been reached, or on 31 May 2022
- Due to scammers selling Fraudulent “Substitution Codes” and a growing trend of non-runners buying high demand event entries to simply re-sell for profit to unsuspecting runners, Knysna Marathon Club have made the call to do away with substitution in total.
- Entries will be sold on a use it or lose it basis. You cannot pass your entry to someone else. This is considered race fraud.
- No up or down grades between 21km and 42km can be done.
- The registration an finish venue will remain a the central town venue
- Registration and number collection will be open from 10h00 to 22h00 on Friday 8 July 2022 (This is subject to change)
- There will be no registration or number collection on Saturday morning. No exceptions
- The race number confirmation together with positive Photo Identification such as an ID book or a Drivers License must be Produced at registration.
- NO POSITIVE ID,NO RACE PACK
- The taxi pickup point to the start is from Vigilance Drive as per the map on the website.
- Parking is available at Loerie-park and along George Rex Drive.
- Taxis leave from Vigilance Drive from 04h30 onwards. Please comply with the final instructions in your race pack
AFTER THE RACE/FINISH
- To celebrate the 38th running of the event a unique timber shield will be available to the first 200 finishers in the 42.2km: silver medals for the first 800 finishers and bronze medals for the rest
- All 21.1km finishers will receive a bronze medal
- Prize giving will commence at the finish area at 12H45 (if allowed)
- Prize money will only be paid out once the results have been verified.
- Appeals contesting results and prize money need to be lodged within half an hour after conclution of Prize giving.The head referee will be in attendance behind the prize giving stage.
- Athletes are responsible to collect their own prize money or make a written arrangement before Prize giving commences, with the Even Organizer failing which prize money is forfeited. (ASA Rules 2.10)
- Results will not be posted to competitors after the race. An SMS will be sent to competitors after the race with the finishing time.
- Full result will be available on www.knysnamarathonclub.com a few days after the race.
- For race enquiries contact email@example.com/ 076 195 4832
- For up to date information and online entries go to www.knysnamarathonclub.com