- The wearing of the club clothes is not mandatory
- Only the event race number will be worn on the front of the vest
- Immediate disqualification if a runner tampers with the route markings
- Immediate disqualification if a runner is caught littering
- Immediate disqualification if a runner damages the trail or any vegetation
- Two water points will be available on 20km with one on the 9.5km
- Minimum age for entering is 16 years
- NO SUBSTITUTIONS WILL BE ALLOWED. NO REFUNDS
- Closing date for pre-entries is 15th May 2020 or as soon as entry cap is reached
- Start chutes close strictly at 07:30 on race day for compulsory race briefing. Arrivals after this time will not be allowed to start.
- MEDALS TO ALL FINISHERS
- Start & Finish at NG Church grounds, De Rust
- King & Queen of Mountain award in 20km event (T&C’s)
- Cut-off times : 9.5km is 2 hours; 20km is 4 hours
- First aid available on most of the route and at the finish
- Ablution facilities will be available at start & finish
- Race results available at www.aswd.co.za/results and at www.meiringspoortchallenge.co.za
- R40 or R60 donations in aid of the Blomnek Community School Project can be made,voluntarily, along with entry fees.
- This is a pre-entry event
- Late entries on 22 May from 17h00 – 19h00 and on Race Day (if available) will be accepted from 05h30 – 07h00. Late entrants need a smartphone with data access available.
- Only cash will be accepted for late entries. No debit or credit card facilities will be available
- Enter online at www.meiringspoortchallenge.co.za
- The collection of the race number bib and time chip will take place on Friday from 17h00 – 19h00 and Saturday 23 May 2020 from 05h30 – 07h00 at the Church grounds
- Will be at 12:00 at Church Hall, De Rust
- Athletes are responsible to collect their own prize money or make an alternative arrangement with the event organizer or forfeit prize money. ASA Rule 2.10
- Lucky draw prizes will be forfeited if the athlete is not present.
A disposable timing chip will bw issued at registration along with your race bib number. The chip must be securely attached to your shoe as per instructions on chip – NO CHIP, NO TIME, NO EXCEPTIONS!!
- General : Pieter Schoeman 082 377 0547 / email@example.com
- Race Day Entries/Timing : Des Harris 083 309 8732 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Accommodation : Willie Immelman 082 952 2001